Theft And Robbery Lawyer
Robbery is a form of felony theft and is defined as the taking of property from another person by the use of force, intimidation, or the threat of force. In some states, the use or threat of force does not need to be directed at the intended victim. If the robbery is committed with a firearm or other weapon, it may constitute armed robbery, which often includes a more severe penalty. It should be noted that robbery is often confused, which is the breaking and entering of a structure.
Robbery is one of the most serious criminal harassment charges a person may face. All thefts are a felony offense, which may result in a significant term of incarceration in state prison. If you are convicted of committing a robbery with a gun, however, you also face the possibility of an additional prison sentence of 10 to 25 years.
Contact a Theft and Robbery lawyer, Brampton Today!
With so much at stake, finding the theft And robbery lawyer Brampton is critical. You can find the strong defense you need at the Law Offices. As a former prosecutor, we know how to critically examine the strengths and weaknesses of a criminal case, use creative measures to help minimize the potential impact of criminal charges and raise a strong defense at trial when necessary.
A robbery occurs when a person takes the personal property of another person through the use of force or fear. To constitute a robbery, the defendant must take the property directly from the alleged victim or in his or her immediate presence. Theft may be charged as first-degree robbery or second-degree robbery. The maximum prison sentence for second-degree robbery is five years, whereas a first-degree robbery can result in a maximum prison sentence of six or nine years
Even if the prosecution has an overwhelming case, however, we may be able to get your charges reduced to a non-strike offense or other lesser offense, or we may be able to reach a plea agreement with the prosecution that will favorably impact your sentencing. We believe that every person accused of a crime has a right to a zealous defense, and that is precisely what we will provide on your behalf if retained as your counsel.
Defending Robbery Cases
With a charge as serious as robbery, no one should try to take on the legal system by themselves because prosecutors typically seek the harshest penalties allowed. Individuals who are on parole or have had previous criminal convictions often get the most severe sentences. A relentless criminal defense lawyer Brampton. We will do his best to represent you and prepare a rigorous defense against your charges. Some possible arguments against a robbery accusation include:
- Lack of evidence
- Mistaken identity
- Legal ownership of the property in question
- Accidental removal of the property in question
- Impaired judgment due to factors such as intoxication
- The acquisition process did not involve force or evoke fear
A robbery charge can carry serious consequences. If convicted, you can go to jail, pay a hefty fine, and – with a conviction on your record – you can face a significant obstacle when applying for a job or pursuing educational opportunities. However, in our justice system, you have many rights, including the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
A highly experienced theft and robbery lawyer Brampton near me who has both prosecuted robbery cases in New Jersey as well as defended clients charged with this serious offense. He will give your case the skill and attention you need and work tirelessly to pursue the best outcome possible for you.
You can be found guilty of robbery if, in the course of committing a theft, you:
- Inflict bodily injury or use force on the victim; or
- Threaten the victim with or purposely put the victim in fear of immediate bodily injury; or
- Commit or threaten immediately to commit any crime of the first or second degree.
You can be deemed to be “in the course of committing a theft” if any of the above acts occur while you are in the attempt of committing a theft or in immediate flight from a robbery.
How Can Robbery Defense Attorney Help You?
An experienced Theft and Robbery lawyer near me who is truly dedicated to providing a thoughtful, innovative, and aggressive defense of his clients.
When you work with our law firm with Theft and Robbery lawyer near me, you can expect our legal team to provide exceptional service at each stage of your case, including:
- Seeking a reasonable bond to allow you to go home while your robbery or carjacking charge is pending
- Making sure the prosecution complies with its discovery obligations and collecting all evidence that bears on your case
- Filing all available pre-trial motions to exclude any unlawfully obtained evidence and, perhaps, to get the charges against you dropped or dismissed
- Working with the prosecutor to seek a reasonable plea agreement, fully consulting with you about the terms of that agreement and advising you about the pros and cons of accepting the offer or going to trial
- Presenting a vigorous defense for you in court if you choose to go to trial
- Fighting for minimum consequences if your case goes to sentencing
- Representing you in all post-trial matters, including appeals and expungement applications.
Saggi Law Firm believes that extensive criminal law background and his passionate dedication to standing up for his clients can make a meaningful difference for you and your family.