Do not let legal problems make life’s precious moments pass by. We will handle your legal issues.
Toronto’s youngest accused defendants may have the most to lose.
Under the Youth Criminal Justice Act (YCJA), any accused individual between the ages of 12 and 17 is defined as a “young person” and subject to unique guidelines in sentencing.
The courts tend to approach sentencing with a motivation to rehabilitate young offenders as they move forward into society as eventual adults. Judges consider the least restrictive possible sentences and by law must consider all other reasonable sanctioning options:
- A stern, cautionary reprimand from the presiding judge
- Absolute or conditional discharge from the youth’s record, taking 1-3 years respectively
Fine not to exceed $1,000
- Restitution for damages
- Deferred custody, which is basically a juvenile house arrest
- Open custody
- Secure custody
Youth records often become erased or sealed and inaccessible upon the age of 18, but exceptions can be made under some serious circumstances.
If you’re the parent/guardian of an accused offender under the age of 18, don’t navigate the system alone. Experienced, knowledgeable attorneys such as Mandeep S. Saggi and his fellow trial lawyers of the Saggi Law Firm can take in the facts of your case and ensure that the court treats an offender with the opportunity to reform with the consideration that the law dictates.
A youthful indiscretion doesn’t have to haunt a young offender for a lifetime. It can be a turning point. Redemption awaits. By law, the courts owe youthful defendants at least the opportunity to change. Mandeep S. Saggi’s motivation is to protect their rights to fair proceedings.
Call today to set up a free-of-charge consultation.
High Quality Criminal Defense
We will Defend Your Case. Checkout our other services:
- Law Firms Brampton
- Best Criminal Law Firms Brampton
- How Long Does It Take To Get A Bail Hearing
- Bail Bond Hearing Brampton
- Best Criminal Lawyers In Brampton
- Brampton Criminal Lawyers
- Best Brampton Criminal Lawyers
- Lawyers In Brampton
- Bail Hearing Brampton
- Bail Hearing Lawyer Brampton
- Bail Revocation Hearing Brampton
- Bail In Brampton Canada
- How Much Is Bail In Brampton Canada
- Bail Reduction Hearing Brampton