Between uncontested divorces and contested divorces, the latter tend to be the more expensive, tense and often filled with drama.
As a once-loving relationship comes to an end, both parties many times finding themselves assigning blame to one another – frequently, in the attempt to come away with a greater share of property, assets, child custody and support – and taking resulting harms personally.
In a contested divorce, keep direct contact between yourself and your spouse to a minimum unless both sides’ lawyers are present. Otherwise, let the respective representatives communicate one another’s desires. Speaking out of turn or against your attorney’s advice could let loose some damning truth that a judge could see as entitling your spouse to greater shares of assets and shared property, an advantage in child custody, and an increased level of spousal support.
There’s sometimes no avoiding the messiness of a divorce. Even so, be candid with your attorney about all assets, all property with which you entered the marriage, and the circumstances of your marriage. The more your attorney knows, the more effectively your attorney can protect your rights in the settlement.
Learn more about our other Services in Brampton:
- Best Criminal Law Firms Brampton
- How Long Does It Take To Get A Bail Hearing
- Bail Bond Hearing Brampton
- Bail Hearing Brampton
- Bail Hearing Lawyer Brampton
- Bail Revocation Hearing Brampton
- Bail In Brampton Canada
- How Much Is Bail In Brampton Canada
- Bail Reduction Hearing Brampton
- Best Criminal Lawyers In Brampton
- Brampton Criminal Lawyers
- Best Brampton Criminal Lawyers
- Lawyers In Brampton
- Law Firms Brampton