Got caught? You are innocent until proven guilty.
Violation of Canada’s laws governing the possession, concealment and/or transport of firearms and other weapons can have extensive consequences reaching beyond fines and incarceration.
Running afoul of the following restrictions, among others, can result in restrictions on travel to the United States of America and to other countries:
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Possession for purposes of trafficking weapons
- Weapons trafficking
Canada’s borders strictly control movement of weapons into and out of the country. Without exception, those crossing the border in either direction must disclose all transported firearms. Past incidents have seen border-crossers jailed to await bail hearings and fined for attempting to bring undeclared firearms and other weapons across the Canadian border, even after producing permits to carry concealed weapons.
There’s hope for a quick, tidy resolution with minimal penalties if you’ve been caught. Keep statements to police minimal and call an experienced lawyer from Mandeep S. Saggi’s experienced team of lawyers. The Criminal Code of Canada’s weapon restrictions can be complex, and violations are best handled by a well-versed legal professional such as those from the Saggi Law Firm.
Transporting Firearms into Canada
s. 95 of the Criminal Code of Canada stipulates the penalty for a person who has possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition.
s. 95.(1) Everyone who commits an offence (possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm and/or readily accessible ammunition)
a. is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 10 years and to a minimum punishment of imprisonment for a term of
1. in the case of a first offence, three years, and
2. in the case of a second offence or subsequent offence, five years; or
b. is guilty of an offence punishable on a summary conviction and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year.
Learn more about our other Services in Brampton:
- Best Criminal Law Firms Brampton
- How Long Does It Take To Get A Bail Hearing
- Bail Bond Hearing Brampton
- Bail Hearing Brampton
- Bail Hearing Lawyer Brampton
- Bail Revocation Hearing Brampton
- Bail In Brampton Canada
- How Much Is Bail In Brampton Canada
- Bail Reduction Hearing Brampton
- Best Criminal Lawyers In Brampton
- Brampton Criminal Lawyers
- Best Brampton Criminal Lawyers
- Lawyers In Brampton
- Law Firms Brampton